Thursday 12 October 2023

Pumpkin-Marmalade Muffins

I've had this recipe bookmarked for ages. I was just waiting for pumpkin to go on sale so I could make it. Now I'm working my way through all the pumpkin-y recipes that I'd been eyeing up all year.

These muffins are pretty good, but I feel like there's room for improvement. I only made one small adjustment this time -- swapping out some of the white flour for whole wheat -- but I think I'd make even more changes next time. The recipe that follows reflects my suggested changes, not what I actually did. Approach with caution as it is, as yet, untested.



Pumpkin-Marmalade Muffins

Adapted from Weight Watchers

Ingredients

  • 2/3 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 1/2 Tbsp. stevia
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt, ground
  • 1 tsp. mixed spice
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 c. pumpkin purée
  • 1/2 c. marmalade
  • 6 Tbsp. (90mL) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 1 Tbsp. applesauce
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a muffin tin. This recipe should make 15-18 regular (2"/5cm diameter) muffins.
  2. Combine the flours, oats, stevia, salt, mixed spice, and cinnamon.
  3. Sift in the baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
  4. In a large measuring cup, combine the pumpkin, marmalade, orange juice concentrate, egg, oil, applesauce, and vanilla and mix well.
  5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
  6. Stir in the walnuts.
  7. Spoon the batter into the wells of the muffin tin(s), filling each well 2/3-3/4 full.
  8. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven and let cool in tin for 5-10 minutes.
  10. Turn muffins out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
  11. If there's any batter left, regrease tin and repeat baking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment