Monday 16 October 2023

Apple-Pear-Walnut Parfaits

These were supposed to be parfaits composed of layers of sautéed apples and pears, topped with chopped walnuts and crystalized ginger. The pear-walnut-ginger combo sounded great!

I ran out of walnuts last week and I haven't had a chance to restock yet, but I figured it would be fine to substitute some chopped pecans for the walnuts. Pear-pecan isn't the classic combo that pear-walnut is, but it's still nice. Unfortunately, when I went to start peeling my pears this morning, I found they'd gone off and were unsalvageable. So, for this iteration, I ended up having to make it entirely with apples, rather than the pear-apple mix that the recipe called for. It was still good, but I think it'd be even nicer with pears.


Apple-Pear-Walnut Parfaits

Slightly adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 2 apples, peeled and diced
  • 2 pears, peeled and diced
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
  • 3 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 6 Tbsp. walnuts, chopped
  • 3 Tbsp. crystalized ginger, minced

Directions

  1. Heat the butter over medium heat and cook until it browns (~2 minutes).
  2. Add the apples, pears, and cinnamon sugar and cook until slightly softened (~4 minutes).
  3. Spoon ~6 Tbsp. of yogurt into each jar, top with ~4 Tbsp. of the apple-pear mixture, then add another 6 Tbsp. of yogurt and 4 Tbsp. of fruit. If there's any extra fruit left over, divide it among the jars.
  4. Top each parfait with ~2 Tbsp. of the nut mixutre.

No comments:

Post a Comment