Wednesday 7 November 2018

Spiced Almond Couscous

I made this couscous to go with the sweet potato and squash tagine I made the other day. I think it complemented the dish fairly well. The couscous did seem a little dry though. I might add an extra quarter cup of liquid next time. I don't want to make it soggy, but I do enjoy relatively moist couscous. I'm hoping the extra quarter cup of water will be enough to give it a bit of extra moisture without weighing it down too much.

Spiced Almond Couscous

From 150 Best Tagine Recipes

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Bring broth to a boil.
  2. Remove from heat and add couscous. Stir and cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat.
  4. Add almonds and garam masala and cook until almonds are lightly browned.
  5. Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in almond mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment