Friday 29 March 2024

Smoked Salmon Toasts with Capers and Red Onion

I've been meaning to make these breakfast toasts for a couple weeks now, but my breakfast plans keep getting off track. I finally managed to get all the bits organized though and was up early enough to put this together this morning.

I do feel like the proportions could use a little adjusting. The recipe is meant to be for four slices of toast, but we had a lot of cheese left over, even though I felt like I was pretty generous with it. I think we probably could have gotten away with about half as much cheese. Everything else seemed about right though. That said, I certainly wouldn't've said no to a bit more salmon...

To make life easier, I've adjusted the recipe to use one whole brick of cream cheese (250g).



Smoked Salmon Toasts with Capers and Red Onion

Slightly adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 250g cream cheese, softened
  • 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried dill
  • 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 8 slices of bread, toasted
  • 300g thinly sliced cold-smoked salmon
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c. capers
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives

Directions

  1. Mix the dill and lemon juice into the cream cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  2. Spreak the cream cheese on the toast and top with salmon, onion, capers, and chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment