Monday 25 March 2024

Sautéed Potatoes with Chorizo and Parsley

I wanted a side dish to go with some chicken and fennel that I was making and this simple potato dish looked appealing.

I couldn't actually find any chorizo at my regular grocery store and I didn't have time to check any of the others before making dinner, so I ended up using some "chorizo-style" salami instead. And I actually quite like how it turned out. The thin slices crisped up nicely and gave and tasted delicious with the potatoes.

Sautéed Potatoes with Chorizo and Parsley

Slightly adapted from Dish of the Day by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 680g waxy potatoes, quartered
  • 60-80g dry-cured chorizo, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 c. dry white wine
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley

Directions

  1. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender (~20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
  2. Heat a pan over medium heat, add the chorizo, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add the onion and cook for a minute or two.
  4. Add the potatoes and wine and cook until the liquid is gone (1-2 minutes).
  5. Remove from heat, toss with parsley, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment