Thursday 26 August 2021

Grapefruit Salad

The original recipe calls for making this with either grapfruits or pomelo. I'd never had a pomelo before, so I figured I'd take that option and give it a try. As it turns out, I don't really care for pomelo, so I wasn't really crazy about this salad. I'm still glad I tried it though! That said, in the future, I think I'll stick with grapefruits and give the pomelo a miss.

Grapefruit Salad

From Burma: Rivers of Flavor by Naomi Duguid

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Peel the grapfruits with a sharp knife, being sure to remove the pith as well as the peel.
  2. Carefully cut along the membranes between the segments to free the fruit from all traces of membrane and/or pith. Place the juicy segments in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to release any remaining juice.
  4. Once the shallots have soaked for at least 10 minutes, drain them and add them to the bowl with the grapefruit segments.
  5. Add shrimp powder, chickpea flour, and fried shallots and toss to mix.
  6. Add fish sauce and shallot oil and toss again.
  7. Season to taste with additional fish sauce and/or salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment