Tuesday 16 April 2024

Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce & Rice Vinegar

I've made similar roasted broccoli dishes before, but I hadn't tried this one specifically. And since I needed a vegetable side to go with dinner, I figured this was a good time to try it out.

The recipe implied that you were meant to leave the broccoli in large pieces. I roasted it in large pieces, but then cut it up before serving to make it easier to eat. Next time, I think I'd just cut it up from the get-go though as trying to cut it afterward was a bit fiddly.

Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce & Rice Vinegar

Slightly adapted from Dish of the Day by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp. peanut or corn oil
  • 2 tsp. garlic paste
  • 450g broccoli (stems and florets), cut into bite-sized pieces
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 250°C (475°F).
  2. Combine the oils and garlic paste and toss with the broccoli.
  3. Spread the broccoli out on a rimmed baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Roast the broccoli at 250°C (475°F) for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
  5. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment