Friday 12 April 2024

Honey-Lime Nectarine Parfaits

I finally got around to making the last parfait recipe in the Breakfast Bible. It's pretty simple, but I don't often keep nectarines on hand, so this is the first time I've actually had the ingredeints available.

I liked the citrus notes with the nectarines in this parfait. Unfortunately I think my nectarines were a little underripe, so it came out a bit bland and tart overall. Adding a bit of maple syrup helped, but having properly ripened fruit would obviously have been better. But I was worried that if I waited I'd never get around to it. So I fiugred I'd give it a go with the slightly firm nectarines and just adjust as needed to compensate. Not ideal maybe, but it got the job done.



Honey-Lime Nectarine Parfaits

Slightly adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 4 nectarines, halved and sliced
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • zest of 2 limes
  • 3 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c. granola
  • maple syrup or extra honey, to taste (optional)

Directions

  1. Combine the nectarines, honey, and limes and mix well. Set aside.
  2. Get out four jars or glasses and put 6 Tbsp. of yogurt in the bottom of each.
  3. Add ~1/8 of the nectarines to each jar.
  4. Repeat the layers with another 6 Tbsp. of the yogurt and 1/8 of the nectarines in each jar.
  5. Top each portion with 1 Tbsp. of granola.
  6. Drizzle with maple syrup/honey (if using) and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment