Saturday 13 April 2024

Blueberry-Peanut Butter Granola

I decided to make parfaits for breakfast this morning and figured it'd be nice to make my own granola for them. I was initially thinking of doing a chocolate-cherry granola, but I wasn't sure that would complement the nectarine parfait I had in mind as well. So, in the end, I opted for this peanut-y granola instead.



Blueberry-Peanut Butter Granola

Slightly adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 c. slivered almonds
  • 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt, ground
  • 1/4 c. coconut oil1
  • 1/4 c. peanut butter
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup
  • 1/2 c. dried blueberries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
  2. Combine oats, almonds, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
  3. In a small pot, combine the oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup and gently warm over low heat until oil is melted and ingredients mix easily.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine.
  5. Dump the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer.
  6. Bake at 150°C (300°F) for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and mix in dried blueberries.



1 I was running a bit low on coconut oil, so I actually ended up using only 2 Tbsp. of oil + an extra Tbsp. of peanut butter, which actually seemed to work out fine. Back

No comments:

Post a Comment