Tuesday 7 November 2023

Pineapple-Mango Parfaits

This is another parfait recipe from The Breakfast Bible. Or, at least, it's based on one of the recipes in there; I ended up modifying it a fair bit. The original called for pinepple and papaya as the main fruits. I'm not crazy about papaya, so I swapped it out for mango. I also added a bit of shredded coconut because that seemed like it would go well. And a touch of honey because my pinapple was a bit on the tart side. I also just bumped up the overall proportion of fruit a bit. I had about twice as much fruit as the recipe called for, but I didn't end up using it all. I think I ended up using ~50% more fruit than specified in the original recipe, so I've written up my version to reflect this.

I've given ranges for some of the ingredients. Use more or less honey and lime depending on how sweet or tart your fruit is (and how sweet you'd like the finished parfait to be).


Pineapple-Mango Parfaits

Adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • ~2 c. chopped pineapple (fresh, not tinned)
  • ~2 c. chopped mango
  • 1/4 c. dried currants
  • 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice
  • 1-2 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened dried coconut1
  • 8 tsp. wheat germ

Directions

  1. Combine the pineapple, mango, currants, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. honey and stir to mix.
  2. Taste fruit mixture and add more lime juice and/or honey to taste.
  3. Place 6 Tbsp. of the yogurt in the bottom of each of four glasses or jars.
  4. Add ~1/2 c. of the fruit mixture to each jar.
  5. Top each with 6 more Tbsp. of yogurt, followed by another 1/2 c. of fruit.
  6. Add 1 Tbsp. of coconut to each parfait.
  7. Top each with 2 tsp. of wheat germ.



1 I think fresh grated or shaved coconut would be even better here, but I didn't have any, so I just used dried. Toasted coconut might also be nice. Back

No comments:

Post a Comment