Saturday 4 March 2023

Deviled Egg Salad

I was going to have soft-boiled eggs and toast for breakfast this morning, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I decided to just hard-boil a whole bunch of eggs and make a zesty egg salad out of them. I mostly followed the Cook's Country recipe for this, but I swapped in a mix of reduced-fat mayo and fat-free Greek yogurt for the regular mayo, swapped the Tabasco sauce for sriracha, used scallions instead of chives, and added a few capers.

I didn't have any celery on hand this time 'round, so I just left it out, but I'd highly recommend adding it in if available.

Deviled Egg Salad

Adapted from Cook's Country December/January 2020

Ingredients

  • 8 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
  • 2 Tbsp. 1/2-fat mayo
  • 2 Tbsp. fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1-2 tsp. Roman mustard (or Dijon mustard)
  • 1-2 tsp. sriracha
  • 1/4 c. chopped dill pickle
  • 1 rib of celery, chopped
  • 1-2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. capers, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. black peppercorns, ground

Directions

  1. Chop the eggs with a potato masher or pastry cutter.
  2. Add the mayo, yogurt, mustard, sriracha, pickle, celery, green onion, capers, and pepper and stir to combine.
  3. Serve on bread or in lettuce wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment