Sunday 23 November 2014

Desart Cakes

This recipe was just recently posted on Cooking in the Archives. I was intrigued by the absence of either butter or eggs. The recipe seemed very sparse, but Ms. Connell seemed to quite enjoy the crisp cookies it made, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

I opted not to add the vanilla extract to my cookies as it wasn't called for in the original recipe and wouldn't have been available in the days when the recipe was initially written.

I will agree that these cookies are surprisingly tasty given the simplicity of the recipe. Upon tasting one, TF noted that the caraway seeds were "surprising, but harmonious". That said, I probably won't be making these again. They're tasty, but they just aren't tasty enough.

I will admit that I probably didn't roll my cookies thin enough. I'm used to making soft cookies, rather than crisp ones and was a bit too timid with both the thinness of my dough and the cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment