Friday 21 November 2014

Caramelized Onion Pizza

Okay, so I may have spent way too much time browsing Food52 over the last couple of weeks but, in my defense, there's some really good stuff there! Including this caramelized onion pizza!

I was going to be all cool and make my pizza dough from scratch but, alas, my yeast had expired! In the end, I just bought some ready-made dough and took it from there. I also used cured black olives instead of kalamata. Normally I prefer the kalamata as I find them a bit milder, but I really liked the way the black olives combined with this pizza!

This came out quite nicely. Although, rolling the dough out on the pizza stone turns out to be a bad idea. (Just in case you were wondering.) It took... a while to pry each slice of pizza free from the clutches of the pizza stone once it came out of the oven. Once were were able to pry the pizza off the stone though, it did taste quite good!

I like this as a cheeseless, sauceless pizza option. Olives, anchovies, and onions will all keep well in the fridge or pantry respectively. So, as long as you have some yeast and flour and whatnot on hand to make the crust, you can have a pretty tasty pizza without having to do a grocery run to stock up on ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment