Sunday 23 April 2023

Apple Pie Cottage Cheese Bowl

I'm not sure whether I like this or the PB&J cottage cheese bowl better. They're both very good. I think it probably largely depends on what sort of mood I'm in. If I'm really craving peanut butter, then some chopped pecans aren't going to cut it. On the other hand, if I'm craving something with a bit of crunch, then between the nuts and the crisp apples, this bowl has got me covered!

The original recipe only called for half and apple, but I like it with a whole apple in. I also replaced the walnuts with pecans. I think either would be fine, but I tend to like pecans better in general so that's what I went with here. They're not quite as budget-friendly as walnuts, but you're also not using very many of them, so it's not a huge difference overall.

Apple Pie Cottage Cheese Bowl

Slightly adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese (fat-free for calorie-counters)
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped pecans
  • 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (or "no sugar added" syrup)
  • pinch (~1/16 tsp.) ground cinnamon

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients.
  • Stir, mix, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment