Thursday 20 April 2023

PB&J Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl

I think this is my favourite of the cottage cheese bowl variations so far. I liked the savoury one with the tomatoes and cucumbers, but I liked this one even better. In fact, it's the only one that I've ended up having two days in a row so far!

The peanut butter is fairly calorically dense, but if you pair it with a low-sugar jam, it actually makes a reasonably healthy (and low-Point) breakfast. The original recipe calls for 1/4 c. of rolled oats, but I had a little bit of chocolate granola left, so I had it with that instead and quite liked it. I might try it with plain oats at some point, but I'm really liking the granola with it so far!

PB&J Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl

Slightly adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese (fat-free to keep the calorie/Points count low)
  • 1 Tbsp. jam (preferably a low-sugar or reduced-calorie variety)
  • 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp. granola

Directions

  1. Combine everything in a bowl.
  2. Mix, eat, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment