Friday 4 March 2022

Maple Roasted Onions and Apples

I needed some side dishes to go with my pasta. (I probably should've been looking for proteinaceous sides, but I was in a vegetably sort of mood; what can I say!) I ended up settling on a modified cabbage and bulgur dish + these roasted apples and onions. The Kidlet did not like this dish, but it's hard for me to feel too sad about that because it meant that I got to eat her portion. And I thought it was delicious! Definitely way better than the cabbage thing.

TF has requested that we do a double batch the next time we make this. Which I am totally on board with. Especially since it's a super easy recipe. And we always have onions and apples on hand. The main thing will be to make sure that we have enough. The Kidlet goes through a lot of apples in a week and we use onions in pretty much everything. It's... unpleasant when we run out of either. So making a double batch of this would probably require a bit of advance planning just to make sure we're well-supplied on the key ingredients. It certainly doesn't take much else though! Five minutes of prep and then you can just bung it in the oven and forget about it! Beautiful.



Maple Roasted Onions and Apples

Slightly adapted from Food Network

Ingredients

  • 3 onions, cut into wedges
  • 3 royal gala (or similar) apples, cut into wedges
  • 2 Tbsp. canola (or other neutral) oil
  • 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. dried thyme (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
  2. Toss everything together in a roasting pan.
  3. Roast at 220°C (4250°F) for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment