Thursday 10 February 2022

Ssamjang (Korean Dipping Sauce)

You can get ready-made ssamjang at many Asian grocery stores, but I didn't have any easily to hand, so this recipe was a life-saver. If you are looking to buy ready-made ssamjang, look for the green tub. (Red tub is gochujang, brown tub is doenjang, green tub and ssamjang.)

Ssamjang

Slightly adapted from Maangchi

Ingredients

  • 1/4 c. doenjang1
  • 1 Tbsp. gochujang
  • 1 scallion, minced
  • 1/4 c. minced onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp. honey
  • 2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
  2. Serve as a dipping sauce or topping with rice, veggies, meat, or anything else that strikes your fancy!



1 I didn't have any doenjang on hand and I really didn't want to have to leave the house again today, so I made do with a mix of white miso paste and hoisin sauce. Red miso generally makes a better substitute for doenjang, but I didn't have any of that either. I used 2 Tbsp. of white miso + 2 Tbsp. of hoisin in place of the doenjang. My ssamjang was delicious! Back

No comments:

Post a Comment