Wednesday 21 February 2024

Protein Smoothie Bowl

I'm way behind on write-ups and have a huge backlog of older recipes left to do, but I wanted to get this on in before I forgot. Especially since everyone liked it so much! TF and the Kidlet were both very enthusiastic about these bowls for breakfast.

The recipe as written calls for 2 c. of yogurt and 2 bananas and said it made two servings. I did this and served half of the resulting smoothie to the Kidlet and TF and I split the remaining half. So, I guess it makes either two or four servings depending on how hungry you are. Personally, I think a half serving of smoothie with a full serving of toppings is just about right for me.

The recipe below makes half as much smoothie as the original recipe (so, 1-2 servings depending on your appetite), but I've left all the toppings at their original quantities (because I like less smoothie and more everything else in my bowl). And I've actually suggested a range for the granola (because I really like granola, especially when it's a nice home-made) batch!



Protein Smoothie Bowl

Slightly adapted from The Breakfast Bible by Kate McMillan

Ingredients

  • 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp. almond butter
  • 1 banana
  • 1 c. raspberries
  • 1/4-1/2 almond granola (or store-bought granola)
  • 1 Tbsp. cocoa nibs
  • 1 Tbsp. Rice Krispies

Directions

  1. Combine the yogurt, almond butter, and banana in a blender and purée until smooth.
  2. Pour into a bowl (or two) and top with raspberries, granola, cocoa nibs, and Rice Krispies.

No comments:

Post a Comment