Wednesday 17 January 2024

Honey-Orange Compound Butter

I've been wanting to try some of the various toppings from the waffle cookbook, but I never seem to have the wherewithal to put toppings and waffles together at the same time. But I woke up early this morning and had already made a batch of waffles yesterday, so I was able to quickly mix up this complementary compound butter to go with them this morning.

I did have a bit of trouble with this butter. While the honey and orange zest incorporated very well, I could not seem to get the orange juice to mix in. First the butter looked sort of clumpy and curdled. More mixing caused it to smooth out, but also seemed to make the juice fall out of the mixture and stay stubbornly separate. It was still tasty, but I wish that I could have gotten the juice to mix in fully.

Honey-Orange Counpound Butter

From Waffles: Sweet, Savory, Simple by Dawn Yanagihara

Ingredients

  • 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 Tbsp. orange juice
  • 1/4 tsp. orange zest

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
  2. Serve on waffles, toast, and/or pancakes.
  3. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before using.



Variations

Molasses-Orange Compound Butter

Ingredients

  • 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. molasses
  • 1/2 tsp. orange zest

No comments:

Post a Comment