Wednesday 3 August 2022

Late-Summer Salad

I wanted a vegetable side to go with our dolma for dinner and I had some tomatoes that I needed to use up, so this salad worked out perfectly.

The original recipe calls for "3 medium red-ripe tomatoes". I had three very nice roma tomatoes, so I figured this would be a good way to use them up. Once I had them chopped up though, it really didn't seem like enough tomato relative to everything else. So I ended up halving the rest of the recipe. If you're working with larger tomatoes, you may want to scale things back up again.


Late-Summer Salad

Slightly adapted from the Food of Morocco by Paula Wolfert

Ingredients

  • 3 very ripe tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 a large red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley

Directions

  1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.
  2. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment