While I like this overall, I did find it a tad on the salty side. Next time I'd definitely halve the salt called for and possibly double the cayenne and add a tiny pinch of white pepper. I also think it could be really nice with just a bit of grated Cheddar sprinkled on top.
Slightly adapted from Food Wishes
2 lbs. frozen corn, thawed
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
6 large eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt (original called for 1 Tbsp. kosher salt)
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. white pepper (optional)
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. heavy (35%) cream
1 c. grated Cheddar (optional)
1. Combine corn, maple syrup, eggs, milk, salt, cayenne, white pepper (if using), flour, and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. Puree. (Either with an immersion blender or by transferring -- possibly in batches -- to a traditional blender.)
3. Stir in melted butter and cream.
4. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and top with grated cheese (if using).
5. Place a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and place the corn-filled baking dish on top of the mat.
6. Transfer this whole assembly to a 350F oven and bake for 75-80 minutes.