Saturday 25 February 2023

Microwave Baked Oatmeal

Weight Watchers billed this recipe as a "cake". Looking at it -- and tasting the results -- I would say it's more of a baked oatmeal. Although I will grant them that adding the raspberries does take it up a notch and make it feel a bit more sweet and indulgent. (I mean, it still tastes fairly lean and "wholesome", but it was enough to scratch that dessert itch for me tonight.)

I think I'd be inclined to add a little vanilla (and maybe a touch more maple syrup) next time, but it was decent overall. Especially considering that it managed to squeak through at only 2 "Points" per serving. (Obviously the Points per serving would increase if you started doing things like bumping up the maple syrup quantities, but at least this gives you a low-cost starting point.)

The recipe calls for plain Greek yogurt, but I only had regular yogurt, so my "batter" came out pretty runny. It still cooked up fine though. I think it might've been nice to add another tablespoon or two of oats to the mix, but maybe I wouldn't have wanted that if I'd been using the thicker, lower moisture Greek yogurt called for.

Microwave Baked Oatmeal

Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers

Ingredients

  • 1 very ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/4 c. plain (Greek) yogurt, preferably fat-free
  • 2 tsp. maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. uncooked quick oats
  • 2/3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries

directions

  1. Mash banana and combine it with the yogurt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
  2. Mix in the eggs.
  3. Stir in the oats.
  4. Divide mixture evenly between two mugs.
  5. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
  6. Stir, then microwave on high for another 1 1/2-2 minutes.
  7. Top each portion with half of the raspberries and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment