Sunday 26 February 2023

Cornmeal Blueberry Pancakes

Lean, cornmeal pancakes without any butter or oil in the batter. They're pretty tasty, but I do feel that they need a little syrup or something on top. I thought about putting more fruit, but I really wanted the syrup.

The original recipe said that you should get four servings of three pancakes each using ~1/4 c. of batter per pancake. I did that, but I only got 10 pancakes from my batch! On the bright side, that did make the math for Points per pancake work out a little nicer.

Oh. I think I just figured out why a) my batter seemed a bit on the thick side and b) I didn't get as many pancakes as the recipe said I should. I forgot the water! It wasn't listed in the ingredients, so, as far as my brain was concerned, it didn't exist. Aargh!



Cornmeal Blueberry Pancakes

Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers

Ingredients

  • 1 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 c. cornmeal
  • 1/8 tsp. coarse sea salt, ground
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 c. buttermilk (or 1 c. milk + 1 Tbsp. lemon juice)
  • 2 tsp. lemon zest
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 Tbsp. water
  • 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions

  1. Combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt.
  2. Sift in the baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine.
  3. In a measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, lemon zest, egg, and WATER.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
  5. Stir in the blueberries.
  6. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
  7. Meanwhile, heat a griddle or tawa over medium-low heat.
  8. Very lightly grease it and cook your pancakes, using ~1/4 c. of batter for each one.
  9. Serve with fresh fruit and/or maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment