Tuesday 21 February 2023

Brownie Batter Dip

I've had this recipe sitting in my bookmarks for ages. It really appealed to me when I first saw it, but we didn't have all the ingredients (and also, it's pretty unhealthy, so I couldn't really justify going out and getting the bits for it). So, it sat there in my bookmarks, mostly ignored and forgotten.

I wasn't even planning on making it today. I was going to do a completely different unhealthy, cheese-based recipe. But, sadly, my goat cheese had gone off, so I had to punt on my original plans. But this still left me with half a package of cream cheese to use up. Perfect for making half a batch of brownie batter dip! And, since it's only a half batch, I feel less bad about its nutritional status.

(The recipe below reflects the original quantities since I figure I'm more likely to have a whole brick of cream cheese on hand than a half package, but feel free to scale it up or down as needed.)

Brownie Batter Dip

Slightly adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients

  • 250g cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 c. icing (powdered/confectioners') sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar

Directions

  1. Beat cream cheese with butter until combined.
  2. Sift in icing sugar and cocoa powder.
  3. Add milk, vanilla, and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
  4. Serve with fruit or graham crackers to dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment