Tuesday 10 January 2023

Poultry Seasoning

I don't tend to use poultry seasoning very much. In fact, it looks like, up until today, the only recipe on here that actually used it was my Christmas stuffing. Unfortunately the formula I have for it there is a little wonky. Poultry seasoning is normally a dry, powdery affair, so normally all the herbs going into it should be dried. I guess I must've only had fresh sage on hand at the time though, so I wrote up the recipe using that. Also, my nutmeg proportions seem way off. So, let me take another crack at this. Hopefully with somewhat more sensible proportions.



Poultry Seasoning

Ingredients

  • 8 parts dried parsley
  • 8 parts dried sage
  • 4 parts dried thyme
  • 4 parts dried marjoram
  • 4 parts dried rosemary
  • 2 parts black peppercorns, ground
  • 1 part ground nutmeg (optional)

Directions

  1. Combine everything.
  2. If you need a powdered blend, drop it into a spice grinder and give it a whiz. If not, it's fine to use as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment