Sunday 22 January 2023

Chicken Sausage

I needed some chicken sausage for a recipe. I didn't have any chicken sausage, but I did have ground chicken. In the past, when making pork of beef sausage, I've been fine just winging it, but I decided that I wanted some guidance for this one, so I Googled around and picked something that looked appealing.

I deviated from the recipe a fair bit, but that's okay -- I just wanted inspiration, not specific instructions.

Chicken Sausage

Adapted from Old World Garden Farms

Ingredients

  • 450g ground chicken
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. dried minced onion
  • 1-2 tsp. chili powder
  • 2-3 tsp. sweet paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, ground
  • 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns, ground
  • 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well (preferably by hand).
  2. Cover and chill until ready to use.
  3. May need to add a little water if stuffing into sausage casings. I've never tried that, so I can't offer advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment