Monday 10 May 2021

Pork Belly Stir-Fry with Leek

The last time I was at the Asian grocery, I picked up a slab of Chinese cured pork belly. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but it looked tasty and had an extremely long self life, so I figured I'd grab it and figure out what to do with it later. It took me a while, but I found some excellent recipes. Apparently one of the best things to do with cured pork belly is to simply toss it in your rice cooker with some rice. I'll probably try that at some point, but for now, I wanted to give this stir-fry a go.

Pork Belly Stir-Fry with Leek

Slightly adapted from The Woks of Life

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp. Shaoxing wine
  • 1/4 tsp. white peppercorns, ground
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. light soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 150g Chinese cured pork belly, sliced thin
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 300g leeks, washed and cut into 3cm pieces

Directions

  1. Combine wine, white pepper, sesame oil, and sugar to make the sauce and set aside.
  2. Heat oil over low heat.
  3. Add pork in a single layer and cook, stirring/tossing occasionally, just until the fat turns transluscent.
  4. Increase heat to medium, add bell pepper, and cook for ~1 minute.
  5. Increase heat to high and add leeks and sauce.
  6. Cook, stirring frequently, until leeks are wilted.
  7. Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment