Wednesday 19 May 2021

Stir-Fried Mustard Greens (雪里红)

I love mustard greens, so when I saw this mustard green stir-fry recipe, I was all over it! I normally associate them with curries and Indian cooking, but I know they get used in lots of other cuisines as well. Outside of curries, I'm used to seeing them pickled. This was a new preparation for me, but I figured it was a pretty safe bet: stir-frying + mustard greens + lots of garlic and some chilies? Yeah, that sounds right up my alley!


Stir-Fried Mustard Greens (雪里红 xuělǐ hóng)

Slightly adapted from Woks of Life

Ingredients

  • 1/4 c. oil
  • 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2-4 dried Thai, cayenne, or arbol chilies, deseeded and coarsely chopped
  • 550g fresh mustard greens (雪里红 or similar), chopped into 1cm pieces
  • 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp. chicken or vegetable bouillon powder

Directions

  1. Heat wok over medium heat.
  2. Add oil and swirl to coat wok.
  3. Add garlic and chilies and cook for ~1 minute.
  4. Add mustard greens, sugar, sesame oil, and bouillon powder and increase heat to maximum.
  5. Cover and cook for 30-45 seconds.
  6. Uncover, stir, and remove from heat.
  7. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment