Monday 20 January 2020

Kachumber

I wasn't actually expecting to be that enamored of this cold chopped veggie dish, but it's actually really tasty. The acidity of the lime juice means it works well with fish and seafood. In this instance I actually made it as an accompaniment to a simple paneer curry. I simplified the preparation a bit, but I don't think it suffered for it.

Kachumber

Slightly adapted from 660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer

Ingredients

  • 1 large English cucumber, cubed1
  • 1 medium tomato, cored and cubed
  • 1 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1-2 fresh green Thai, cayenne, or serrano chiles, chopped
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tsp. Chaat Masala

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
  2. Serve room temperature or chilled.



1 The original recipe says to peel the cucumber and scoop out the seeds. I didn't bother with any of that and just chopped up the cucumber with the skin on and seeds in. I think it was just fine that way. Not to mention easier prep and less waste. Back

No comments:

Post a Comment