Friday 12 October 2018

Gingerbread Protein Shake

A while back, I found a recipe for "gingersnap sippers" that involved chai concentrate, milk, bananas, and spices. I liked the idea, but didn't have any chai concentrate easily to hand and, while I could make some, wasn't sure I wanted the tea in there anyway. So I decided to do my own version of a gingerbread-flavour protein shake. I started out with a full teaspoon of ginger, but I think that may have been a bit too much. The recipe below reflects this. (Although I haven't had a chance to test the reduced ginger version yet.)

Gingerbread Protein Shake

Ingredients

  • 1 c. milk
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 Tbsp. molasses
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
  • 1/2 tsp. mixed spice
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2-4 ice cubes

Directions

  1. Combine everything in a blender, mix thoroughly, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment