Monday 26 March 2018

Watermelon-Cucumber Salad

I needed to use up some excess cucumber and the kidlet loves watermelon, so this salad seemed like a natural choice. It's quick, easy, tasty, and refreshing. It's actually quick and easy enough that I could see myself making it as a side dish when I need some extra fruit and/or veg to go with a meal. (I'm usually a fan of one-pot meals. Even when something really needs a side to round it out, I'll rarely actually make one.)

Watermelon-Cucumber Salad

Slightly adapted from Country Living

Ingredients

  • 3 c. cubed watermelon
  • 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • scant 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
  • ~50 grinds black pepper
  • 1/4-1/2 c. crumbled feta (depending on how much you like feta)
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in salad bowl. Toss to mix well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment