Wednesday 28 March 2018

Thin Mint Protein Shake

I know I already posted a Chocolate-Mint Protein Shake but, if you happen to have fresh mint on hand, this is a great way to use it up. And I like this one better too! The yogurt and the pudding mix help give it a rich, decadent texture. The fresh mint also works really well here. It somehow simultaneously has more presence and less harshness than the extract I used before. It's quite a nice effect overall.


I think I initially got the idea for this recipe from PopSugar. Their version was more reminiscent of mint chip ice cream, with a minty green base and a few chocolate chips blended in. I kept the fresh mint (and Greek yogurt), but went in a more chocolate-y direction. I took out the spinach, added a couple scoops of chocolate protein powder, and swapped out the maple syrup for chocolate pudding mix.


Thin Mint Protein Shake

Adapted from PopSugar

Ingredients

  • 3/4 c. skim milk
  • 1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp. chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips (pref. dark)
  • 1/4 c. fresh mint
  • 4-6 ice cubes

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment