Saturday 17 June 2023

Tomato-Avocado Salsa

This is a quick and easy salsa recipe. Especially if you opt for canned diced tomatoes rather than chopping your own fresh!

It shows up in a couple of Simmons' dishes in The Good Egg, so I figured I might as well give it its own post for easy future reference.

It's a little mild for my taste. I think next time I'd leave the seeds and pith in the jalapeño to give it a little more kick. I'd also be inclined to add a little garlic. It's fine as is, but I do generally like a little garlic in my salsa. Simmons also calls for a bit of olive oil to be added. I omitted this as I didn't feel it was necessary and I'm trying to watch my weight. Feel free to try it with the oil if you're not counting calories though.



Tomato-Avocado Salsa

Slightly adapted from The Good Egg by Marie Simmons

Ingredients

  • 2 c. diced tomatoes
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
  • 1 jalapeño, (optionally seeded and) minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt

Directions

  1. Combine everything in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Cover and chill until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment