Friday 9 June 2023

Avocado and Tomato Omelette

I'm not normally this bad at omelettes, I swear! But, for whatever reason, today was just a flop. I don't know if it's because I tried to follow the instructions in the book rather than doing my usual method or if I just needed a little more butter in the pan or if it was just a little too thin or what. But, whatever the reason, it just was not working out for me today.

The omelette itself was still tasty. It just looked like a bit of a disaster.

So, because I'm feeling kind of tired and bummed today and because I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, I'm going to cop out on writing proper instructions for this and just give the ingredients and leave it up to individual preference how you want to cook and assemble it.


Avocado and Tomato Omelette

Slightly adapted from The Good Egg by Marie Simmons

Ingredients

  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • 1-2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic chives (optional)
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped avocado
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped tomato
  • 1 tsp. minced jalapeño or other chili of your choice
  • 2 Tbsp. grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

  1. Whisk the eggs with the water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside.
  2. Melt the butter over medium heat.
  3. Pour in the eggs and cook according to your preferred omelette method, adding filling ingredients as is appropriate for your method.

No comments:

Post a Comment