Wednesday 12 January 2022

Kakadi Raita (Cucumber Raita)

I'm partial to a good raita. The ones that I usually see served in restaurants around here generally seem to be cucumber-based like this one. I figured this would be a slam-dunk. To my surprise, it's actually my least favourite raita in the book! That's not to say it's not good. It's fine. But it's not nearly as good as the other two raitas in the chapter. The keerai pachadi is a religious experience. And the mooli raita, which I didn't expect to like, is also delicious. Whereas this one is just... alright. Your mileage may, of course, vary.

Kakadi Raita

From 660 Curries

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
  • 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and shredded
  • 1/2 c. fresh mint leaves, minced
  • 1 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1-3 fresh green Thai chilies, minced

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
  2. Serve as a condiment or accompaniment to your favourite chilies and pulaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment