Sunday 6 January 2019

Eggnog

I loved eggnog as a kid and this was always my go-to recipe. I don't make it so often anymore, but it's still a nice treat every once in a while. Add a little rum if you like. Personally I prefer my eggnog without any booze but, to each their own.

Eggnog

Adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook for Boys & Girls

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs1
  • 1 1/2 c. milk
  • 6 Tbsp. (vanilla) sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in blender and mix until homogeneous and slightly frothy.
  2. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Garnish with a little extra nutmeg if desired.



1 I've always just used whole raw eggs in my eggnog. Then again, we generally had fresh eggs from our own chickens to use. If you're wary of eating raw eggs, you can look for pasteurized eggs at the grocery store. They're generally sold in square cartons (like milk cartons) around here. If using pasteurized liquid eggs -- check to make sure they haven't had any other seasonings or ingredients added! -- 1/4 c. should be roughly equivalent to 1 large egg. Back

No comments:

Post a Comment