These peaches were fairly easy to put together and they were tasty. That said, a good fresh peach is tasty enough on its own that I don't think I'd bother going to the trouble of making this one again. Not unless I wanted something fancy to show off for dessert or something.
Sweet Glazed Peaches
Slightly adapted from Cook's Country August/September 2015
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
6 peaches, peeled and halved
1/4 c. apple jelly
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 c. pistachios, toasted and crushed/chopped
vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Combine lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add peaches to bowl and make sure they get well-coated with the mixture.
2. Place peaches, cut side up, in baking dish (or an oven-safe skillet if you have one large enough to accommodate them). Pour any residual lemon-sugar mixture over the peaches. Pour 1/3 c. water around the peaches. Place under broiler (about 6" away) for 12-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the jelly with the butter until melted. Stir to combine.
4. Baste peaches with half the glaze mixture and return to oven for 5-7 minutes.
5. Baste again, then remove to plate using a slotted spoon.
6. Pour the residual liquid into a skillet (or simply move the skillet to the stove top if you were able to broil the peaches in the skillet). Cook over medium heat until syrupy.
7. Pour syrup over peaches and top with pistachios. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.