This is yet another recipe from Cook's Country.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs. The recipe calls for bone-in; we got boneless.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb beef sausage, sliced into rounds. (The recipe calls for half a pound of kielbasa, but beef sausage is the immortal god-king of sausages and I will take any excuse to use it.)
- 1 onion, chopped fine.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 4 C chicken broth.
- 2 C long-grain white rice.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook chicken until well browned, 6-8 minutes. Remove and buffer chicken on a plate.
- Add sausage and onion. Cook until onion is translucent and sausage starting to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, ~30 seconds.
- Return chicken to pot. Add broth, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender, ~30 minutes.
- Remove chicken (again). Stir rice into pot and simmer, covered, until rice is fluffy and tender.
- Shred chicken and mix shredded chicken with rice mixture. Remove from heat and let stand for ten minutes.