I stumbled across this recipe on Table for Two and really liked the results! I just never got a chance to write it up at the time. Anyway, I'll try to make this short and sweet as I probably don't have long before the Toddle-Bot starts demanding my attention again.
Brown Butter Sweet Potato Alfredo
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, browned
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. milk or coconut milk
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 lb. dried pasta (I like spaghettini), cooked
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil sweet potato until tender.
2. Drain and blend the sweet potato until smooth, adding water as necessary.
3. Whisk flour with brown butter over medium heat.
4. After about 30 seconds, increase heat to medium-high and add (coconut) milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes until mixture thickens.
5. Add sweet potato and remaining water. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add cheese, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
7. Toss with cooked pasta.
8. Served garnished with chopped scallions or chives and additional Parmesan.