Friday 5 December 2014

Grandma's Lemon Bread

I'm really bad at keeping up with housework. And since having a new baby isn't exactly conducive to getting more done around the house, I've opted to have a maid service come in once a month to take care of some of the basics like sweeping and vacuuming. It's been really nice to have the extra help and make sure I don't get too far behind.

This week was their last visit before Christmas, so I figured it'd be nice to make them some baked goods. When I found some gift-able loaf pans at the grocery store, I decided that it was time to make some lemon bread!


I have no idea where this recipe originally came from, but I got it from my grandmother. And it's delicious!

Lemon Bread
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. lemon extract
zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Glaze
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c. sugar

Just mix up your batter, bake at 325F and then pour the glaze over it while it's still hot in the pan. Perfect recipe for making in a single-use gift pan! And so very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment