Thursday 5 May 2022

Cornbread Bread Pudding

My cornbread had started to go a bit stale, so I decided to turn it into bread pudding. This comes out quite a bit different than "normal" bread pudding since it's not being made with a glutinous, yeasted bread. I still quite like it though. Especially with the berries in. I think I'd probably try reducing the milk a tiny bit next time. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. (Following recipe reflects suggested change.)

Cornbread Bread Pudding

Adapted from This Is How I Cook

Ingredients

  • 4 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 c. whole (3.25%) milk
  • 1 c. heavy (35%) cream
  • 1/2 c. maple syrup
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ~400g stale cornbread, cubed (4-5 c.)
  • 1 c. frozen blueberries or mixed berries
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) and grease a casserole dish.
  2. Combine eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup, and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine cornbread and berries and transfer them to the prepared casserole dish.
  4. Pour the custard over the cornbread and berries.
  5. Sprinkle brown sugar over top.
  6. Bake at 150°C (300°F) for ~60 minutes.
  7. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment