Monday 2 September 2019

Peaches and Cream Steel-Cut Oatmeal

Oatmeal is really flexible. You can take your base of oat porridge and add just about any flavours you want to it. I like to use the Steel-Cut Oatmeal recipe from Cook's Country. (Although sometimes I'll swap out my steel-cut oats for rolled oats if I want something super quick.) They posted this peaches and "cream" variant with the original recipe and, now that I've had a chance to try it, I figured I'd do a write-up.

Peaches and Cream Oatmeal

Slightly adapted from Cook's Country December/January 2016

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 1 c. steel-cut oats
  • 3 c. water
  • 1/2 c. whole (3.25%) milk
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. thawed frozen peaches
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c. light (5%) cream (optional)

Directions

  1. Melt butter over medium heat.
  2. Add oats and toast, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add water and milk and bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for ~20 minutes.
  5. Stir in salt, peaches, honey, and vanilla.
  6. Serve immediately, with ~1 Tbsp. of cream added to each bowl, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment