A quick and easy meal that came to the rescue while TF was away in the UK. Not exactly nutritionally complete, but as a one-off thing when you're crunched for time, it certainly makes for a tasty dinner, if not a healthy one.
Linguine with Olives and Garlic
Cook's Country October/November 2017
1 lb. linguine
salt and pepper
1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
6 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 c. pitted green olives, halved
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Add 1 Tbsp. salt to 4L water and bring to a boil.
2. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
3. Reserve 1/4 c. cooking water and drain pasta.
4. While the pasta is cooking, combine 1 Tbsp. oil, panko, and 1/4 tsp. salt and toast over medium heat for ~3 minutes.
5. Transfer panko to a bowl and set aside.
6. Add remaining 1/2 c. oil to pan along with garlic, pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
7. Cook oil mixture over medium heat until garlic begins to brown.
8. Toss cooked pasta with olives, parsley, lemon juice, oil mixture, and reserved cooking water.
9. Sprinkle with toasted panko and serve.