Thursday, 17 September 2026

Nanny's Lemon Cream

This is the lemon curd that I grew up eating. It's my great-grandmother's recipe. And we all called it lemon curd, but when we got her recipe, she had it written down as "lemon cream". It's very good. Simple. And I like that it uses whole eggs rather than just the yolks. I've now also tried it with grapefruit and can vouch for the results. I expect it would work wonderfully with limes as well!

Lemon Cream

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 3 Tbsp. butter

Directions

  1. Combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and water and mix very well.
  2. Cook over low to medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in butter.



Variations

Grapefruit Cream

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. (or a bit more) grapefruit juice
  • 3 Tbsp. butter

No comments:

Post a Comment