The Kidlet has enjoyed making meals from the Maggie packets while she's been over here, so we're sending her home with a bunch. That said, I'd like her to still be able to make her meals even once the packets run out, so I'm going to put some suggested approximations here. I've only done (and tested) the bolognese one so far, but I'll add others as I do them.
Bolognese
Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns, ground
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 bay leaves
To Prepare
Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~1 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 100-200g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 500g ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 small (~400mL) can diced tomatoes
- ~1/2 can (~200mL) water
- 1 c. frozen peas or spinach
- 400g dried spaghetti or other pasta
NB: Reiver likes to add frozen peas. I prefer frozen spinach. We both like to add a few mushrooms. Feel free to simmer a cheese bone in the sauce as well.
Chili con Carne
Stroganoff
NB: The package only calls for 75g of mushrooms; I would recommend using at least 250g. I also recommend using at least 1/2 c. sour cream, rather than the 2 Tbsp. called for. Frozen peas are a nice addition if you have them: 1-2 c. depending on how vegetably you want it.
Deviled Sausages
No comments:
Post a Comment