Saturday, 8 August 2026

Chocolate-Raspberry Brownies

I've been wanting to make these brownies for a couple of weeks. I finally managed to get it together enough to get the ingredients for them about a week ago, but it took me another week to find the spoons to actually make them.

Having tried it, I'm not sure the raspberry jam really adds anything, but I'm glad I tried it! The brownie itself is excellent. And the jam doesn't ruin it. I'm just not sure it makes it better either.

Photo goes here.

Chocolate-Raspberry Brownies

Slightly adapted from Dessert of the Day by Kim Laidlaw

Ingredients

  • 120g butter
  • 120g unsweetened chocolate1
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs
  • 300g sugar
  • 100g flour
  • 1/2 c. raspberry jam

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F) and grease a 20cm (8") square tin.
  2. Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and sugar.
  4. Mix in the eggs.
  5. Stir in the flour.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and dollop with jam.
  7. Drag a knife through the batter to create a marbled effect.
  8. Bake at 160°C (325°F) until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs stuck to it (~45 minutes).



1 I couldn't find any unsweetened chocolate, so I just got very dark chocolate and used that. I ended up using some good-quality 72% dark chocolate. Back

No comments:

Post a Comment