Saturday 12 December 2020

Cashew-Cream Cheese Icing

I have not tried this recipe yet. I'm posting it because it's a component in another recipe I recently made. I ended up using a different type of icing for the cupcakes, but I still wanted to record the canonical icing for anyone else who wants to make them or in case I want to try these again and feel like making the "proper" icing for them next time around.

Cashew-Cream Cheese Icing

From C&C Cakery

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c. raw cashews, toasted
  • 1-2 Tbsp. peanut oil
  • 1/4 c. salted butter, softened
  • 125g cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2-2 c. icing (powdered/confectioners') sugar

Directions

  1. Chop cashews in a food processor.
  2. Drizzle in oil a little at a time until mixture reaches chunky peanut butter consistency.
  3. Whip butter and cream cheese together.
  4. Beat in cashew butter.
  5. Mix in icing sugar 1/2 c. at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment