Saturday 1 July 2023

Dutch Baby (another version)

I already have a couple Dutch baby recipes on the blog and this one is very similar to the others. It's not quite the same as either though. And making it let me check off another recipe in the book, so I decided to give it a go.

It was... fine. But I think I prefer both of the other Dutch baby recipes on the blog to this one. Surprisingly, the recipe that I grabbed off of the Weight Watchers website is actually my favourite of the three.

Dutch Baby

From The Good Egg by Marie Simmons

Ingredients

  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
  • 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • maple syrup, honey, icing sugar, and/or lemon to serve

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
  2. Place the butter in a heavy, oven-proof pan and place in the oven for ~5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the milk and salt.
  4. Whisk in the flour until smooth.
  5. Remove the pan from the oven and pour in the batter.
  6. Bake at 200°C (400°F) until puffed around the edges and set in the middle (~20 minutes).
  7. Remove from oven, cut into wedges, garnish with toppings of your choice, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment