Monday 11 April 2016

One-Pan Sweet Potato Chorizo Dinner

The original recipe calls for cooking chicken thighs and serving them with a potato-chorizo mixture. I swapped out the potatoes for sweet potatoes and although I did keep the chicken in, I wouldn't bother with it next time. It was extra time and expense to cook and didn't really add anything to the meal.

Sweet Potato Chorizo Dinner
Adapted from Cook's Country April/May 2016
2 Tbsp. ghee
1 1/2-2 lbs. sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2" chunks
100-150g chorizo sausage, halved and sliced thin
250g baby spinach
smoked paprika
salt and pepper

1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook, covered, until lightly browned (~5 minutes).
2. Add chorizo and cook, uncovered until potatoes are tender (~5 minutes).
3. Add spinach and cook until just wilted (~2 minutes).
4. Sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.

I might throw a chopped onion in the pan a few minutes before I add the sweet potatoes next time. I think that would be tasty. Especially if I had any red onions on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment