Saturday 23 January 2021

Guacamole

I made an Indian-inspired burrito bowl the other day and needed some guacamole to top it with. I was just going to order a container of ready-made guacamole, but just getting the avocado and making it myself was a lot cheaper and I was able to make only as much as I needed. Plus, it was fresh, garlic-y, and delicous!

Guacamole

Slightly adapted from Downshiftology

Ingredients

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/4-1/2 roma tomato, chopped
  • 1 green onion, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 3-5 slices pickled jalapeño, minced
  • 1/8 tsp. coarse sea salt, ground
  • juice of 1/2 a lime

Directions

  1. Mash the avocado and stir in the other ingredients.
  2. Adjust seasoning to taste.
  3. Cover any leftovers tightly and store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment